Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008

Change of plans.

I accidentally locked myself out of the apartment last night.

And I had been so excited to make Pierogis & Borscht.
I was actually lucky because my mom brought me my keys after "only" forty minutes.




I was still so mad at myself, so instead of cooking what I had planned I settled for my moms Lamb's lettuce with Mango and threw myself together a quick spinach-broccoli-rice-bell pepper combination.




Tonight I'm going to bake some cupcakes. Probably the Golden Vanilla ones I've done before. They're for my ex's birthday.
But this time I will use either a blueberry or a raspberry filling, or a mix of both. And maybe a mocha ganache frosting. Mhh, not sure. Do you know any easy and quick to do toppings? I'd really appreciate any suggestions =)
Yumm, I hope they'll turn out well.


When I went grocery shopping a few nights ago I discovered a chocolate soy pudding which I bought in case I got a craving for chocolate.
For those who don't know, I'm a real onehunderedpercent chocoholic to my very core and I basically lived on chocolate and chocolate alone for several weeks damn often in the past. But obviously I can't eat Lindt chocolate every day anymore, boo =(
But anyway, it turned out to taste amazing. And I'm not even that much of a pudding fan. Some almonds on top and I had a rather healthy bedtime snack.

Kommentare:

Anke hat gesagt…

Hi lizzy,

try alpro soja dessert, or whatever the name is, for a chocolate fix. this is 100% "pudding", and the best there is to boot :-)

I too have added too much alpro soy creamer in the beginning, its a learning curve :-). I love that stuff, it is amazing and it contains so much less fat than dairy cream.

as for chocolate: try fair-trade chocolate (in "Weltläden"). they are very good quality, and some are dairy-free. or check out your local "Bioladen", they also have amazingly good things. give bitter chocolate a try, even if you don't like it at first your taste buds will adjust and then you'll like only this kind of chocolate.

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Ooh, poor you getting locked out! I hope it wasn't cold... I was locked out once, and it was snowing outside (not fun!).

You're a chocoholic? I don't know how anyone can eat chocolate-- it's so gross (KIDDING!). Chocolate pudding is my favorite food, but they've discontinued my favorite brand :o( :o(. When I heard they were going to discontinue it, I went out and bought 160 pudding cups! So I still have some left, but can't get any more when this is all gone-- boo!

Almonds are always great too :o). At our Whole Foods Market, they sell yummy chocolate-covered almonds.

Jennifer hat gesagt…

That sucks about getting locked out of your apartment. Where I live, if they have to come let you in, they charge you $25 (US dollars), seriously, not cool.

The Lamb's Lettuce Salad with Mango looks yummy, I have added to recipe to my ever-growing list of things to try. Would any other lettuce work in place of Lamb's lettuce, I have never heard of it or seen it at the store

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Thanks for crossing your fingers for me that I will find another tasty chocolate pudding... this is actually the SECOND one to get discontinued on me! Well, actually, the first one I liked stopped being available in the US, so if I ever go over to Canada, I am going to have to stock up on THAT. Haha I can just imagine trying to explain to the border-patrol people why I have a trunk filled with chocolate puddings!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

I just saw your comment on another blog about tricking people into eating tofu... I LOVE doing that too! Muahhahaha we are such evil little vegans ;o). Once I brought a coconut cream pie to a party and EVERYONE just loved it, so then when I told them it had tofu, they couldn't take their praise back! If I had told them beforehand that it had tofu, they either wouldn't have eaten it or they would have claimed to have hated it :o(