Mittwoch, 16. April 2008

PYROG Salad & Baba Ganoush

What a burst of color and taste!



The name PYROG was put together simply because of the colors. I mixed chopped red cabbage (P=purple), a bell pepper (Y=yellow), cherry tomatoes (R=red), shredded carrot (O=orange), regular and lamb's lettucce and cucumber slices(G=green) and topped it all with roasted sunflower seeds. The dressing pretty much consisted of Balsamico bianco, a little olive oil and 1 tsp. fig mustard.

I don't have salad often enough and I always wonder why. It's not that time consuming and it always tastes good. Plus, the boyfriend loves to eat it. He gets all excited when I make salad (the kind of excitement I get when I see the Lindt commercial and start to believe that I will one day work in that exact same setting =p) - even more reasons to toss together some greens every now and then!



I also made Baba Ganoush for the first time and used this recipe(added some additional fresh parsley). But being the way I am I did not start small and then added more, as suggested by Susan. I used 2 cloves of garlic. BIG cloves! So when I tasted it... woooosh, hardcore garlic infusion! Even for a garlic lover like me.




So I didn't eat much of it and decided not to grill my veggies (I wanted to use my new grill pan to try out Katies recipe using asparagus, zucchini and bell pepper to accompany the Baba Ganoush) and just had some slices of raw bell pepper instead. I don't eat enough raw vegetables... I'll really try to eat a big salad every day(or at least every other day)!

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Wow, that salad is DEFINITELY bursting with flavor and color - fabulous!! I love how you came up with the "PYROG" title, for the dish :0) That's wonderful that your boyfriend loves salad too - make it more often!! Haha.

Baba ganoush!! I haven't eaten it in soooo long!! I miss it!! Thank you for linking to the recipe :0)

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Ha ha, yeah I figured I had to call it more than just salad ;)

I'll definitely have to make it again, because the garlic flavor was seriously way too intense. But other than that I have to admit that this dip is great!!

Jennifer hat gesagt…

I love the name of your salad. I love salad and don't have it enough myself. I can't wait til the veggies are abundant at the farmer's market, my lunch will probably be a huge salad everyday.

romina hat gesagt…

That salad looks SO good! I love big colorful salads. It's definitely a great source of nutrients. =)

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

Look at all that color! YUM~ I want some!!!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

LOL, at first I thought that huge salad picture was all for you! I was thinking, "How is she going to fit all of that inside of her in one sitting???"

I just made baba too! Great minds really do think alike! Sorry yours was too garlicy :o/

Happy Wednesday!!!

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Hey Lizzy! Falls du eine Sprühflasche für Öl findest, sag mir wo! Ich suche schon eine weile...
Your salad looks pretty tasty! I eat salad everyday at work, and use this as an excuse for not eating it at home. Very stupid because it tastes much better self made!

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

The colours in that salad are amazing! The name is also cool.

T hat gesagt…

Oooh, fig mustard. Anything with figs has my name all over it.

And yes, that salad looks fab! So spring-esque. Or wait, aren't you in Germany? Is it springy there yet, I'm taking a trip to Berlin in just a few weeks.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Everyone, thanks a lot =)

Alice - Ich weiß dass es bei Butlers so ne Dinger gibt, aber habs bis jetzt leider jedes Mal verpeilt beim vorbeigehen eins zu holen. Kostet 2/3 euro oder so glaub ich

T - You're lucky! I love in Berlin and today is a wonderful springy day! I've been sitting on the balcony at work in a tank top, it's so sunny and warm =D

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

our great minds ALWAYS seem to be thinking alike! Or maybe it’s just that I am stealing all your ideas with my super 6th-sense powers ;o).

And you KNOW that I think you have great taste in tv shows!