Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008

Sandwiches, Bagels and a Spicy Tomato-Veggie Soup

A few days ago I had the fabulous combination of PB, Jelly and banana on a rye toastie, which I would've never thought of hadn't it been for some of you bloggers! So thanks!



I also bought a mini Ciabatta with Bear's Garlic... not the best buy. It smelled like feet - and sadly didn't taste much different =(



And yesterday I made a yummy Tomato-Veggie Soup. I put in more chili powder than I had intended to, but as the boyfriend put it it was "a pleasant spicyness"!
My best PB friend brought bagels: sunflower seed, everything and spinach! And it really did taste like spinach =D



I sautéed a big onion and 3 cloves of garlic in veggie broth, added a green and a red bell pepper, cauliflower and broccoli, about 2 cups each, 1 zucchini and a pack tomato puree, two jars of crushed tomatoes and about 3 Tbsp. tomato paste, lots of oregano, some rosemary, paprika and chili powder, salt and pepper. No oil needed =)

Kommentare:

Celine hat gesagt…

it's heartbreaking to hear the ciabatta wasn't all that, considering how gorgeous it looks!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

That's so true... tomato ciabatta is usually available, too but it was sold out so I went with this one.
I think I should start making my own, mhh!

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Your tomato soup looks delicious! And it has a lot of veggies! My boyfriend's tomato soup has...mmm...tomatoes? haha

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Ha ha, that's exactly what my best friend & boyfriend said "It's more just veggies than soup, eh?"
What can I say? I love my veggies =p

Jennifer hat gesagt…

Hahaha! Sorry to hear your bread tasted and smelled like feet! That's no good.

I WISH my grocer would sell Fair Trade bananas, I haven't had them in MONTHS and they are one of my favorite foods. I wish I could get over my principles.

That soup sounds and looks fantastic! I'll take leftovers!

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

i love pb&j, pb&banana, banana & agave, pb&b&agave, pb&ricemellow-- I've even done pb&j&banana&ricemellow.

AWESOME GOOOOOODNESS

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Those sandwiches look TO-DIE-FOR delicious. Oh goodness.

Mmm, I LOVE soups that are packed with chunky vegetables - yum!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Now I'm craving pb and banana!

Must go satisfy my craving...

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Jennifer - Seriously, I took it out of the oven, smelled it, arms rising into the air "Whyyyy?" =p

I rarely ever eat bananas since I don't really like them plain. Seems like many people call banana their favorite though. I've always been an apple girl, he he.
But aww man, I feel so sorry for you. I'm at work and there's a bunch of organic bananas in the kitchen that I would happily hand over to you.

Come on over! =D I have sooo much left over even though my boyfriend had seconds yesterday.

Lindsay - Hahaha, you rock! =D

Veggie Girl - I've been very sandwich fanatic lately =p
Oh me too. There's no such thing as too many veggies in soups.

Katie - Well hey, it seems that you actually can satisfy your craving. There's nothing worse than craving something you don't have...
So enjoy whatever peanut buttery banana goodness you'll make =)

Ruby Red Vegan hat gesagt…

A feet sandwich?! Ewww! But your food always looks so colorful and delicious... Ahhh, you are a killer photographer!

And I'm so sorry to hear they don't carry Larabars in Germany! I am officially addicted and have had one every single day for the past few days now, so maybe it is good you can't buy any nearby. But I was reading yesterday, I don't know where, that Germany has a lot of vegan options. Sure, they may be scattered around the country, but I had no idea! It's so awesome that veganism is a movement that is growing worldwide.