Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008

Carob Blueberry Pancakes = sweet & comforting dinner

Yesterday I had planned to roast some asparagus and have it with tzaziki and baked beans.
But the cupboards where the beans usually are were completely empty (seriously, not even a single jar was left) when I went into the store so I went to the other bio market and accidentally got white beans in tomato sauce - only to discover at home that they contain honey. Wtf? Honey in beans?

Anyway, I had the idea of making spring onion pancakes (I still must do this some time!), but I was actually craving something chocolate-y and sweet.
So I whipped up my own carob blueberry pancakes (I don't have ED&BV so I improvised and surprisingly made just enough batter for 3 perfect sized pancakes) and topped them with banana slices and nectarine chunks (it was so perfectly ripe & sweet, yumm!).



The other half banana was mashed (there were a few frozen blueberries left in the bowl hence the color) with a little agave syrup and vanilla extract.

Kommentare:

romina hat gesagt…

I'm seeing these everywhere!! Everytime I crave them even more, mmm!!

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Honey in beans?? Crazy!! Too bad :0(

Okay, you KNOW I love carob, so I'm all over those pancakes, haha; and I also love blueberries and nectarines! :0)

CeciLiA hat gesagt…

wow pancakes ... I'm craving pancakes now... too bad I don't own a non stick pan (can you believe that?!) You're a genius!!! Have a great day!!

Maureen hat gesagt…

What a colourful meal! You managed to combine all of my favourites.

Celine hat gesagt…

is there anything bananas can't do? seriously.
anyway: I want all picture here. like, yesterday.

Katy hat gesagt…

Yum, I love breakfast for dinner! Looks great!

Happy Herbivore! hat gesagt…

invite me over next time! mmm... I think CCV is rubbing off on me... I love that purple

Tina hat gesagt…

Oooooh this looks delicious!