Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2008

Fruit Infusion, Black Bean Burger, Frozen Yogurt & Blueberry Chocolate Cake

Yesterday I enjoyed this colorful fruit medley consisting of strawberries, watermelon, nectarines, kiwis and apples throughout the day.



Started in the morning and put it on top of a delicious berry soy yogurt I recently bought. I also added half a banana... you can see the leftover half crying over the loss of her better half at my photo blog.



For lunch I reheated a black bean burger and had it with cucumber, tomato, avocado and lamb's lettucce drizzled with a mustard-agave-lime dressing and made some more mustard-yogurt dip because it was a rather dry burger. But still a very very satisfying yummy dish!



And for dessert I had fruit salad of course ;)



Oh and the berry soy yogurt I bought - I froze it! I need more of these ice things, IKEA carries them for 2 € so I'll have to make a stop there soon.
Then I'll be able to enjoy individually made frozen yogurts during the hot days, yay!!!



A few days ago I made Vcon's Lower-Fat Chocolate Bundt Cake, but added a cup of blueberries. The cake was extremly delicious. Very chocolatey, yet not at all sweet - just perfect!



I brought a few slices to work and they loved it! I brought more the next day because they kept fighting over the last crumbs, ha ha!

Kommentare:

Celine hat gesagt…

that Bundt cake looks unbelievable! can't blame the peeps at work for fighting over it.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Ha ha, yeah! I'll definitely make this again, maybe with raspberries this time.
Lucky me that my boyfriend doesn't like chocolate cake that crazy freak =p But hey, more for me!!!

erica hat gesagt…

the bundt cake looks amazing, i've got to try it soon! my uncle has a birthday coming up, so that's a good excuse to bake a cake. ;)

and your fruit/yogurt breakfast is calling my name.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Erica - Every excuse to bake something is a good one and a birthday is probably the best ;)
If you - like me - find plain chocolate cake rather boring I suggest you try to add fruit, too! I imagime raspberries must taste great in it, too!

He he, then I'm hoping you enjoy it ;)

romina hat gesagt…

Wow! I don't think that bundt cake could look anymore delicious!

Jennifer hat gesagt…

I am seriously drooling over your fruit. Oh my goodness, so simple, fresh fruit is one of the best things in the world.

And I am loving the sound of that mustard dressing you put on your salad and burger, sounds like a great flavor combination.

What a good idea adding blueberries to that cake, I would have fought your co-workers for it myself! ;-)

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Black bean burgers, fresh fruit salads, frozen "yogurt," chocolate-blueberry bundt cake... what could be better??? Love it all :0)

vegannurse hat gesagt…

Oh, wow, Lizzy, that cake looks to die for.. and I don't even like chocolate! Lol.

I love the color from the fruit in your pics.. how pretty!

And I love your idea of frozen yogurt.. what a great idea!

Liz² hat gesagt…

okay, you can come over to dinner *anytime*, BUT I get to go over to your place for burgers and ice pops and blueberry cake, okay? :D (especially for blueberry cake, omg....)

and red quinoa is just what I had around, regular would work just as well, or probably even rice or millet, too. I think there actually was some rice in them... it was a fridge-cleaning thing.

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Ooh I want to make frozen yogurt pops now.

Wait, scratch that. Forget frozen yogurt pops. I want to make chocolate blueberry bundt cake now.

Shelby hat gesagt…

Wow, the colors in these pictures are amazing! The cake looks amazing...blueberries and chocolate are some of my favorite foods, and I wish I could come through the screen and eat the fruit right now YUM!

CeciLiA hat gesagt…

yummy ... the blueberry chocolate bundt cake looks sooo good!!! If I was one of the peeps at work ... I would've lick the plate clean!!! Tehee ... hope you have a great day !!

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Time for summer food, isn't it? :-)

lighterportions hat gesagt…

So I definitely think I'm going to go make some frozen yogurt pops now!

I LOVE how you arranged that bean burger with all the fixings. It looks amazing. As does all of your food obviously. Beautiful.

Like that cake. HOLY WOW. I don't think I'd be able to save enough to bring into work, I'd probably end up accidentally eating it all in one sitting.

Ruby Red Vegan hat gesagt…

i love how you use fruit in everything. it's especially refreshing and craveable now that summer's here, so i'm definitely glad to be getting so many ideas from you! the bundt cake looks delicious, and you are so creative for making the frozen soy yogurt pop! i can never think of exciting ways to use soy yogurt, and this definitely classifies as exciting!

tuimeltje hat gesagt…

All the food looks perfect! I wish I had more freezer space so I could make my own ice cream as well...

LK hat gesagt…

That chocolate bundt cake just adds to my desire to bake with chocolate! And low fat is always a plus!

On a savory note, your black bean burger and mustard-agave-lime dressing look delicious! Lime can enhance foods so nicely. What black bean burger recipe is it from?

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

Me, I love chocolate cake. Those yoghurt lollies look cool.