Montag, 7. Juli 2008

Cookies, Snacks, Lunches, Dinner & Fruit

I've been trying more store bought cookies: the midget one is a gluten-free carob cookie and tastes, well, not very good. The Chocolate Chip ones in plastic taste awesome though!



Such milky chocolate chips and a yummy crumbly chocolate center. These are delicious!!!



Washed them down with hot & foamy cocoa latte. 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder with hot regular soy milk & 1/4 cup soy macchiato milk and foam.
♥ I love drinking cocoa through a straw!



Another lunch/snack from some day.
Seitenbacher chocolate cereals & oats with cocoa soy milk (2 Tbsp. cocoa powder plus soy milk) & strawberries.



Boy, and this was by far the best lunch I've had in a long time!



Pita pocket, grilled in a non-sticking pan with raspberry preserves, banana slices, shredded brazil nuts and pieces of 85% chocolate. With red grapes on the side, of course ;)






Probably not exactly eye candy, but look at the gooey goodness going on there (and on the plate, ha ha)!



On Saturday I finally baked something I had been wanting to make for a long time!



All seemed so well... the top was sticky, the way it's supposed to be.



And it sure did look right!



But it was way too sticky. The piece in the photo remained unfinished, it was just too heavy. Too bad though, I really craved some Ontbijtkoek!
I guess that means you can't replace molasses with the same amount of sugar beet molasses. Oh well, I'll ask my sister to bring some when she comes here.



Yesterday I made slow-roasted veggies (bell pepper, carrots, fennel, asparagus, zucchini) and with quinoa (haven't had it for quite a while) for dinner.



The veggies were sooo delicious! The red onions were caramelized... oh my, so good!



Ingredients
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 zucchini, quartered
2 carrots, quartered
1/4 of a big fennel bulb, sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
handful of green baby asparagus
rosemary, oregano
salt, pepper

1. preheat the oven to 320° F
2. chop all the vegetables
3. in a baking dish combine the bell peppers, carrots, fennel, onion, garlic and drizzle with olive oil, mix well & sprinkle with herbs and salt & pepper
4. after 30 minutes in the oven add the zucchini and asparagus, stir again and add some more salt & pepper (if needed)
5. another 30 minutes in the oven et voilà, dinner's ready!



"Dessert"... I've discovered red grapes as you can probably tell since they're in almost every picture in this post =p



My fantastic new Magic Bullet made a smoothie: watermelon, banana, raspberries, blueberries, nectarines (all frozen) and a splash of soy milk.



A White Bean Stew (white beans, carrots, zucchini, red & yellow bell pepper, tomato puree, onions, garlic etc.) I made last week. Topped with leftovers from my mom's bulgur salad (bulgur, tomatoes, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, tomato paste, parsley, chili etc.) which went very well together!



I'm looking forward to bake Banana Bread tonight & getting home in general. Work is so boring and I would much rather go home and keep on cleaning my apartment since I had a deep-cleaning phase yesterday... my kitchen almsot sparkles (which it usually never does... erm) and I still have some leftover energy lingering around!

Anyway, enjoy your start into the week! Hope you'll have a great day!!!

Kommentare:

Celine hat gesagt…

I have a big crush on the midget cookie. I'd call it SeitanBacher if he was around, because omg, SeitanBacher! fun.
(the cereal looks super nice too.)

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

Too bad about the midget cookie not tasting good - not only is it carob, but it's cute!! :0)

Oh my, the pita pocket, slow-roasted vegetables, smoothie... EVERYTHING looks amazing (I know I always say that, but I mean it!!!).

Can't wait to see the banana bread you're baking!

Shelby hat gesagt…

Everything looks so good! I love the pita idea! O0o and the veggies, I have never had them that way before! Crazy right?

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Celine - Ha ha! I never realized that before =p

VeggieGirl - Ha ha, I feel like I keep repeating myself in many comments, too. But it's like everything's so amazing and gorgoeus and leaves one speechless so I can't say anything but yumm, delicious, fantastic or something of that sort, ha ha!

Shelby - Thank you =)This is the first time I've had them slow roasted, too! It's delicious, but for example I prefer asparagus the usual way: lined on a baking sheet & roasted until crispy.

Alice (in Veganland) hat gesagt…

Beautiful veggies! And about that cake you baked, I say keep on trying!

Cookiemouse hat gesagt…

Your pictures are always awesome but this post's shots jump off the screen at me. Wow!

Jennifer (of Veg*n Cooking) hat gesagt…

That cookie is really cute, too bad it didn't taste good too.

I love your meals! All the color, and all the fruit. Oh my goodness. I'm very glad you discovered red grapes, they are amazing aren't they? If you ever have the chance, try some black table grapes, nothing like those! They are huge, plump, juicy, oh my!

Katy hat gesagt…

That pita looks so yummy! Sometimes simple is better.

I love my magic bullet too!

erica hat gesagt…

wow, everything looks so great! the roasted veggies and that pita pocket especially! i'm definitely going to give that one a try soon.

good luck with the banana bread.. i bet it'll turn out well!

Nikki Douglas hat gesagt…

Everything looks incredible. Roasted veggies are my BIG craving right now. But the sandwich you made - I must try it. I am all for anything that includes chocolate, raspberries and banana. I love your blog.

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

All that cooking/baking and you're still going to make banana bread too?! You're inspiring! The pita pocket sandwich looks especially mouth-watering to me right now. I think I'll make the exact same thing for lunch today.

And Lizzy, thank you so much for defending me on my previous post. I was kind of upset, but reading the comments of the people who defended me, and especially your kind words, made me feel much better. I am so lucky to know you. You're such a wonderful friend.

Lizzy hat gesagt…

Alice - Have you seen Melasse anywhere? When I first saw molasses listed in some recipe I tried to find it - without success.

Cookiemouse - You know how to make my day Mister ;) Thanks A LOT, I'm all smiley-faced now, ha ha!

Jennifer - Thank you =)
And red grapes are MUCH better than the green ones I used to have. I'll have to buy the black grapes, you made me all curious, he he!

Katy - So true!
I have no idea how I could survive with just one big bad blender =p The Magic Bullet really is magical, lol

Erica - Thank you =) He he, I just saw you had a similar snack (which I would die to eat right now). I always love the chocolatey combo's you come up with!

It turned out great, except I put in too little chocolate chips and this morning I literally picked my slice to pieces to find more chocolate, ha ha! Talk about chocoholic!

Nikki - Thank you so much =) I just recently discovered the joy of bananas on bread and have been making up for the lost years with tons of jam/banana toasts lately =p

Katie - Guten Appetit (bon appetit... there's no actualy saying in english, is there? except for 'dig in' !?) then! =D

Aww thank you so much, now that made me almost teary-eyed ♥
and no problem *hugs* I left a comment on your new post!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Lizzy, I love you!
And someday we really DO have to meet up in real life. After all, we need to have our “Happy Friday” party ;o).

P.S. we can watch Bambi at the party, because that's such a cute movie... but maybe we should turn it off before the mom gets shot! On second thought, let's forget watching Bambi and just watch countless episodes of Friends instead!

Lizzy hat gesagt…

*Janice voice* OH... MY... GOOOOOD Katie can you read my mind?
That would be the best Happy Friday Potluck ever or Friday in general (I mean what more can you wish for when your weekend starts than having such a great person keep you company while you're sharing vegan food and watching Friends all day long)! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed, it'll happen some day =D
Now you got me all excited, ha ha!

Ha ha, when I read "watching Bambi" I thought to myself right away 'Oh god, I can't watch the mom get shot, I still cry like a baby every time!" and then I finished your sentence, ha ha!

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Hehehe I will be on the next plane to Germany. (Gosh, I wish!)