Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009

Cabbage Soup

Really simple and basic, yet really good! Can't remember where I got the recipe from, I just adapted the amount of cabbage thyme and added pepper & ground caraway seeds.



Cook the following for ca. 7 minutes:
1 1/4 cup water + vegetable broth
4-5 cups chopped cabbage
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 tsp. thyme
1/2-1 tsp. ground caraway seeds (or whole ones):
salt, pepper

add the following, stir and see if the cabbages consistence is to your liking
1 cup soy milk (for a creamier version use a little less milk and replace it with soy cream)
2 tsp. chopped parsley


Along with it I finished off the pattie things.

Kommentare:

VeggieGirl hat gesagt…

scrumptious soup & patties!!

Anardana hat gesagt…

Yum! I make cabbage soup A LOT in the winter.

Jennifer (of Veg*n Cooking) hat gesagt…

You know, I didn't used to be so fond of cabbage, but it is growing on me. I've thought about trying it in a soup, but I wasn't sure how to do it, what it should be like. I'm going to take down this recipe and add it to my huge "meals to make" file.